[Lustre-discuss] building lustre with OFED

Greenseid, Joseph M (IS) Joseph.Greenseid at ngc.com
Wed Apr 15 07:32:11 PDT 2009

hi all,

i am trying to install lustre for the first time, and i am using 1.6.6 and OFED 1.3.1.  my OS is centos 5.3 x86_64 (installed from a 5.2 DVD and updated).

i installed the 1.6.6 packages, including the kernel source, kernel-ib and kernel-ib-devel, rebooted into my new kernel, and was trying to build OFED, but i keep getting errors and the OFED build dies.  i haven't been able to find anything in any of the docs i've looked at that explains any tricks to building OFED with lustre, so i was assuming it was straight forward.  is there anything special i should be doing?

--Joe