[Lustre-discuss] building lustre with OFED

Wed Apr 15 11:19:48 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-15 at 13:02 -0500, Greenseid, Joseph M (IS) wrote:

> I was under the mistaken impression i needed to use those *and* the
> OFED stack.

To be clear, if you go to the sun download centre, for rhel5 you will
find rpms that provide you everything you need to run lustre on
inifinband including the lustre-modules rpm as well as kernel (for
servers) and kernel-ib rpms.  For clients you will find a lustre-modules
rpm that was built against the stock rhel5 kernel.

Our goal is that unless your requirements are outside of the mainstream,
we provide you with binaries/packages to get yourself up and going
quickly and easily.

b.