[Lustre-discuss] DRBD Lustre and kernel modules

Andrew Brooker andrewb at acenet.net.au
Wed Apr 15 17:49:30 PDT 2009

I seem to be unable to compile DRBD against the lustre kernel sources and
was hoping somebody who has successfully achieved this could recommend the
best procedure. I have installed all the Lustre parts using the RPMs, then
tried to build the DRBD from source (latest version) but it failed
miserabley.

I'm guessing I need to patch the kernel for lustre, then build lustre from
source and then I can just install drbd from RPM? Or is there way to install
DRBD as a loadable module into the RPM patched lustre kernel?

Well the point is, if for some reason, other software which used kernel
modules was required, I would assume the best way to be ready for it would
be to have a lustre patched kernel source build.

Thankyou for listening!

Andrew