[Lustre-discuss] DRBD Lustre and kernel modules

Adam Gandelman gandelman.a at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 23:24:03 PDT 2009

I ended up going the same route but seem to remember getting it to
compile against Lustre's stock kernel by:

- linking /usr/src/linux and /lib/modules/LUSTRE_KERNEL/{build, source}
to the kernel source tree.
- correcting EXTRAVERSION= in /usr/src/linux/Makefile
- doing make oldconfig && make prepare && make modules_prepare

I found myself having to do the above between distributing the custom
kernel across the cluster via RPM and compiling DRBD on each node.  I'm
new to rpmbuild as well as kernel management in general on RHEL/CentOS.
There's probably a way to avoid all of this and if anyone has tips I'd
love to hear 'em.

Adam