[Lustre-discuss] Has anyone had experience with heartbeat and drdb providing full redundancy on lustre clusters

Adam Gandelman gandelman.a at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 14:05:11 PDT 2009

I've got a basic fully  redundant and HA Lustre setup in the lab with
heartbeat+drbd on both the MDS and OSS's. So far everything everything
appears to be working fine.  In the coming weeks we'll be doing heavy
testing and benchmarking and hopefully have some results to post here
and/or to the Lustre wiki.  I did run into an unexpected split-brain in
one configuration because of umount but, like Thomas said, that's where
a good Stonith agent would come into play.

Cya,
Adam