[Lustre-discuss] LNET TCP

Andrew Brooker andrewb at acenet.net.au
Thu Apr 23 16:38:13 PDT 2009

I'm having some difficulty with a slightly more complicated multihomed TCP
based LNET.
Here is what I would like to achieve, have a single MGS/MDT server that
lives on two physically separate IP networks. Be able to add OSTs from
either network and be able to have clients on both sides of the networks.

Oh and be able to limit what IPs my OSTs and Clients can connect from - but
unsure if Lustre can do this with ip2nets?

Example:

options lnet networks=tcp0(eth1),tcp1(eth0)

1 UP mgc MGC192.168.200.20 at tcp 2b59....
5 UP mgc MGC1.2.3.4 at tcp1 ...

mount -t lustre 1.2.3.4 at tcp1:/myfs /mnt/myfs
mount.lustre: mount 1.2.3.4 at tcp1:/myfs at /mnt/myfs failed: No such file or
directory
Is the MGS specification correct?
Is the filesystem name correct?
If upgrading, is the copied client log valid? (see upgrade docs)