[Lustre-discuss] root on lustre and timeouts

Thu Apr 30 09:51:00 PDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-30 at 11:48 -0400, Robin Humble wrote:
> BTW, as was pointed out in one talk of this years LUG, Lustre 1.8's
> OSS read cache should help things like root-on-Lustre because small
> commonly used files will likely be cached in the OSS's and won't result
> in disk accesses.

Yes, imagine what the ROSS cache can do for 150 clients all booting (and
executing the same scripts/binaries) at the same time.  Imagine what the
OSS disk did/does before the cache.  :-)

Certainly, I am not without bias, but the feature set of 1.8 looks
compelling enough to make me want to upgrade my own little "dogfood"
cluster here to 1.8.  :-)

b.