[Lustre-discuss] Which RHEL5 version for Lustre 1.8 GA release ??

Thu Apr 30 14:59:44 PDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-30 at 14:45 -0700, Adeyemi Adesanya wrote:

> Hi Brian.
>

> I was hoping that the 1.8 GA release would be based on
> 2.6.18-128.1.6.el5 or newer.

Yeah.  That will be coming in a subsequent release.  The problem is that
when 1.8.0 went into freeze the -92 release was current, and uprevving
the kernel during the QA would have delayed it even further.

> Should I consider grabbing a 1.8 release from CVS and start building
> against a more recent kernel?

You could try.  I'm not sure if any patches need to land to 1.8.0 to
support that newer kernel though.  If there is, it's all in bugzilla.

b.