[Lustre-discuss] Lustre featured on podcast (HT: Andreas Dilger)

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Tue Aug 4 10:53:01 PDT 2009

On Aug 03, 2009  08:55 -0400, Brock Palen wrote:
> Thanks to Andreas for taking an hour out to talk with Jeff Squyres and
> myself (Brock Palen) about the Lustre cluster filesystem on our
> podcast www.rce-cast.com,
>
> You can find the whole show at:
> http://www.rce-cast.com/index.php/Podcast/rce-14-lustre-cluster-filesystem.html

Sigh, I realize I totally omitted a TON of stuff about how Lustre is
tuned for high bandwidth/performance, and focussed exclusively on one
tiny part of the network stack, due to the previous topic.  Many things,
like zero data copies, large request sizes from the client down to the
disk, efficient network protocol, etc. are all probably more important
than the low-latency message passing implementation.

> Thanks again!
> If any of you have requests of topics you would like to hear please
> let me know!
>
> Brock Palen
> www.umich.edu/~brockp
> Center for Advanced Computing