[Lustre-discuss] building lustre on debian unstable

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Thu Aug 6 09:14:54 PDT 2009

On Aug 06, 2009  14:34 +0200, Patrick Winnertz wrote:
> I've huge problems since several days to build lustre on unstable, the
> cause seems to be something related to auto* stuff.
>
> configure is crashing with this error msg:
>     checking whether to build kernel modules... no (linux-gnu)
>     ../../configure: line 5542: syntax error near unexpected token
>     `else' ../../configure: line 5542: `else'
>     make: *** [configure-stamp] Error 2
>
> I used automake 1.10 and autoconf 2.64. On a older system (e.g. lenny
> or etch) it builds without any problems. (The configure is generated
> correctly).

Can you please submit a bug with the above, and attach the generated
configure and config.log files.  Also post the excerpt of the configure
file around line 5542 here would possibly allow someone else to diagnose
what is going wrong.

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.