[Lustre-discuss] Geographic cluster

Evan Rempel erempel at uvic.ca
Fri Aug 7 11:18:32 PDT 2009

Is it possible to use Lustre to make a single filesystem
that has a mirror between two locations such that if
the power were to be lost in one location that the other
location could continue to run uninterrupted?

If not, is anyone aware of solution that would allow this?

I would really like to have an active/active cluster so
that I could run an apache cluster on top
of the filesystem, and load balance all Web activity
across any of the apache nodes which read/write to
storage which is synchronously mirrored between
two storage systems that are a couple of kilometeres
apart.

Thanks for any reference, experience or pointers to resources.

--
Evan Rempel