[Lustre-discuss] Large scale delete results in lag on clients

Oleg Drokin Oleg.Drokin at Sun.COM
Mon Aug 10 19:56:49 PDT 2009

Hello!

On Aug 10, 2009, at 9:02 PM, Jim McCusker wrote:

> Just a quick update: the lag is back. It seems to hold off for about
> 24 hours, then things get so slow that our web applications time out.
> Is there a delay before freeing inodes commences after a reboot, or is
> this officially now Something Else? Should I just tough it out for now
> and see if it clears up?

What lustre version is it now?

We used to have uncontrolled unlinking where OSTs might get swamped with
unlink requests.
Now we limit to 8 unlinks to OST at any one time. This slows down the
deletion process, but at least there are no following aftershocks.
(bug 13843, included into 1.6.5 release).

Bye,
     Oleg