[Lustre-discuss] applications question

Mag Gam magawake at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 04:13:46 PDT 2009

Since we have been using lustre for a while now we would like to port
some of them to use I/O features of lustre. Currently, all of the
applications are very memory intensive, meaning they take in the
entire dataset at 1 time load it into memory (64GB) and process. I was
wondering if there are some techniques people are using to
enhance,optimize, and use less memory their applications  by using
Lustre. Are there any white papers, algorithms or tricks I can use to
reduce memory footprint (with a slight loss of performance)?

TIA