[Lustre-discuss] Lustre 1.8.1 distribution missing kernel source?

Wed Aug 12 06:58:20 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-08-12 at 15:08 +1000, Richard Smith wrote:
> I downloaded Lustre 1.8.1 today, but didn't see any kernel-source rpm.

Which distro?

> There were a few new src.rpm packages whose equivalent wasn't in 1.8.0.1.

Right.  Starting with 1.8.1, we are packaging our kernels just like the
vendor does, so that a RH user will get our packages and be immediately
familiar with them and what he has to do to use them because it's
exactly the same as the stock packages.

> Looking at the ChangeLog there's no mention of changing the way everything
> is bundled. Where can I find the patched server kernel source?

Because you didn't find a kernel-source, I am guessing you are using the
RHEL5 packages.  RH doesn't package a kernel-source package, only Suse
does.  RH requires that you get the source from the src.rpm.  There's
tonnes of info on the web on how to build a kernel from source for RHEL.
Google will find it pretty quickly.

b.