[Lustre-discuss] Help: NIC Changed Error

Isaac Huang He.Huang at Sun.COM
Wed Aug 12 11:12:52 PDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 03:56:13PM +0800, Lee Amy wrote:
> It seems this method cannot solve my problem. My NID is
> 10.0.38.102 at tcp, and furthermore when I add the item
>
> options lnet network=tcp0(eth1)
>
> I still encountered the same problem and after this failure I change
> this item back to
>
> options lnet network=tcp
>
> That still got failure. So I really feel very confused about that.
> When I installed Lustre the NID is 10.0.68.102 at tcp. not tcp0 suffix.

@tcp is just a shorthand for @tcp0 - they are 100% equivalent to each
other.

> Could someone tell me how to fix that problem?

Please do "lctl list_nids" on the client and the MGS, and then "lctl
ping 10.0.68.102 at tcp" from the client and show us the outputs please.
Before running the commands please "echo +neterror >
/proc/sys/lnet/printk" on client and server, and gather any console or
dmesg error messages after the commands have been run.

Isaac