[Lustre-discuss] MDS refuses connections (no visible reason)

Oleg Drokin Oleg.Drokin at Sun.COM
Mon Aug 17 12:22:07 PDT 2009

Hello!

On Aug 17, 2009, at 2:14 PM, Patricia Santos Marco wrote:

> The last day our MDS refusing conections too. The logs are the same,
> and we should reboot the MDS server . What's is the reason for this?

That means some requests from this client are still being processed
and server has a self-preservation mechanism trying to protect itself
from client resending same rpc (that leads to slow server processing
if not worse) again and again and occupying
more and more server threads.
The hung threads either had lbug that you can see in the logs or
watchdogs should have triggered showing what it was doing
(also visible in logs) before clients time out.

Bye,
     Oleg