[Lustre-discuss] Lustre 1.8.1 distribution missing kernel source?

Richard Smith Richard.Smith at Sun.COM
Tue Aug 18 18:53:53 PDT 2009

Brian J. Murrell wrote:

>> I was concerned when I didn't see something named
>> kernel-lustre-2.6.18-128.1.14.el5_lustre.1.8.1.x86_64.rpm
>
> Indeed, that is what you should have gotten.
>
> Can you send me a transcript of everything you do from the point of
> having downloaded the .src.rpm from the Sun Download Centre?  Once you
> have the .src.rpm local, type this:
<snip>

This may not be worth pursuing any further. I was using the kernel src.rpm
that can be found underneath the RHEL5 x86_64 tab, which is named
kernel-2.6.18-128.1.14.el5.src.rpm

Kevin Van Maren pointed out that under the Sources tab there is another
bundle,
kernel-lustre-2.6.18-128.1.14.el5_lustre.1.8.1.src.rpm, which is explicitly
labelled as "Lustre-patched kernel source (installable RPM)".

It does seem confusing to have the various artifacts distributed as they are
across two tabs. I'd prefer to see all artifacts for a particular kernel
grouped together under the one tab. The Sources tab has quite a mixture of
files which you have to wade through to identify the few for RHEL5 x86_64.

    ,-_|\   Richard Smith Staff Engineer PAE
   /     \  Sun Microsystems                   Phone : +61 3 9869 6200
richard.smith at Sun.COM                         Direct : +61 3 9869 6224
   \_,-._/  476 St Kilda Road                    Fax : +61 3 9869 6290
        v   Melbourne Vic 3004 Australia