[Lustre-discuss] routing between infiniband and TCP networks

John White jwhite at lbl.gov
Tue Aug 18 21:48:50 PDT 2009

If your OSS/MDS nodes have an extra GigE interface that can route to
the clients you want to attach via tcp, just set it up as a second
interface (ie: each MDS/OSS has both o2ib0 and tcp0).  Works quite
nicely, setup only requires some minor edits to modprobe.conf and
doesn't require wasting a node on routing.