[Lustre-discuss] upgrade to 1.7.2 or 1.8.1

Patricia Santos Marco psantos at bifi.es
Wed Aug 19 02:59:47 PDT 2009

We have a cluster with two OSS servers and one MDT server with lustre 1.6.7
and clients with lustre 1.6.6. We are going to upgrade Lustre to solve some
bugs like bug 18695 and 20008, but we hesitate to upgrade to lustre 1.6.7.2
or lustre 1.8.1. What's your recomendation?

Lustre 1.8.1 can be running on production correctly? ( we can't stop the
servers after the upgrade because the cluster has a lot of process running
all time) or is more safety upgrade to 1.6.7.2?

Clients with Lustre 1.6.6 can work correctly with a MDS and OSSs with Lustre
1.8.1? thanks!!