[Lustre-discuss] upgrade to 1.7.2 or 1.8.1

Wed Aug 19 09:40:42 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-08-19 at 17:41 +0200, Patricia Santos Marco wrote:
> And, another question. The I/O tools and scripts can not run in
> production because the write tests are destrutive, so, Are there some
> test ( not destructive) to prove the best number of  threads in the
> OSSs?

The obdfilter-survey, which is what you want for tuning OST threads, is
in fact designed to be able to run on production OSTs.  That said, I
*cannot* caution you enough that unfortunately we don't find the time to
test that with any rigour or frequency.  Tread very cautiously.

b.