[Lustre-discuss] CRC32C not usable for ISCSI in IB RPM

Mon Aug 31 11:10:39 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-31 at 11:56 -0600, Daniel Kulinski wrote:
> I am trying to update to the latest Lustre packages.  We have an iSCSI
> backend and when I install kernel-ib and try to log into my devices I
> get an error about CRC32C being unavailable.

Well, to be completely honest, iSCSI is not really one of our target
(NPI) storage technologies and as such, it doesn't get tested.

But this is not the first report of this crc32c problem.

On last report I checked our .config and we do have it enabled in the
kernel.  Can you check if the Lustre kernel you installed has a
crc32c.ko module?  If so, if you do
"insmod /lib/modules/$kernver/.../crc32c.ko, does it load?  If you get
an error, please paste check dmesg and see if any errors were reported
as a result of trying to load it.  If so, please paste them here.  Or
better yet, open a bug about all of this.

b.