[Lustre-discuss] Re-balance the un-balanced OSTs

Fri Dec 4 07:57:36 PST 2009

On Fri, 2009-12-04 at 15:55 +0800, thhsieh wrote:
> 2. In one of the client node, we copy and rename files, in hope that
>    some files can be pull out of the cwarp-OST0000 and then go to other
>    OSTs:
>
>    cp /path/to/some/files /path/to/some/files.tmp
>    mv /path/to/some/files.tmp /path/to/some/files
>
> However, this way seems does not help too much. I guess this is because
> we do not pull out the files which locate in cwarp-OST0000 exactly.

Yes.  You need to get the list of files you run through step 2 above
from an lfs find that targets files on the specific OSTs you want to
reduce the usage of.  Personally, I would target singly-striped files
before I started messing around with moving striped files around.

b.