[Lustre-discuss] creating and using loopback device on a file on a lustre filesystem?

Richard Lefebvre Richard.Lefebvre at rqchp.qc.ca
Sun Dec 6 20:18:14 PST 2009

Thank you Andreas, the lots of small files scenario what the main reason
I was looking into the loop device. As for the ext3, it was a quick
example I had found on the net. I appreciate your advice on going to
ext2 instead. I don't want to put my large lustre system into trouble.

One thing I might be looking for in the future is something that does
the same thing but is encrypted and user level mountable. I might have
future users that have sensible data and simple UNIX ownership isn't enough.

Richard