[Lustre-discuss] lustre 1.6.7.2 client kernel panic

Mon Dec 21 10:36:42 PST 2009

On Mon, 2009-12-21 at 19:15 +0100, Nick Jennings wrote:

>  I had another instance of the client kernel panic which I first
> encountered a few months ago. This time I managed to get a shot of the
> console.

Perhaps one of the more expert engineers will recognize the problem from
that partial stack trace in the JPG, but given that the most import
part, if one can only get a partial stack trace -- the top -- is cut
off, I'm not hopeful.

Photographs of 25 line console screens are not very often suitable
substitutes for real console logging, unfortunately.  Seriously, if you
really want to pursue this issue, you are going to have to set up some
form of console logging.  I think netconsole is usually fairly
successful at capturing kernel oops dumps.  Maybe that's an option.
ISTR mentioning netconsole the last time though.  Maybe that was another
thread.

b.