[Lustre-discuss] Registering OST with failover MGS.

Wed Feb 4 08:50:58 PST 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 17:21 +0100, Daniel Kobras wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Lustre clients allow to mount from either the primary MGS or a failover
> server using a colon-separated syntax like
>
> 	primary.mgs.example.com:failover.mgs.example.com:/fsname
>
> Is there a similar way to configure an MGS failover pair into an OST?
> tunefs.lustre --mgsnode seems to accept only a single MGS.

$ man tunefs.lustre
--mgsnode=nid,...
       Set  the  NID(s) of the MGS node, required for all targets other
       than the MGS.

Notice the plurality of "NID(s)"?  That means you can use the multiple
NID syntax.  You can also specify --mgsnode=nid multiple times.

There was a bug in a previous release with regard to whether these
syntaxes resulted in the same configuration but I don't recall which
release it was fixed in.  A bugzilla search should find it.  Unless you
are using something like 1.6.6 (or perhaps 1.6.5, but I am not positive,
so 1.6.6 is a safe cut-off), you will want to research that.

b.