[Lustre-discuss] Registering OST with failover MGS.

Wed Feb 4 09:47:32 PST 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 18:25 +0100, Daniel Kobras wrote:
> Hi!

Hi.

> Sure, this tells me how to specify multiple NIDs of a single server, but
> I'd like to configure the NIDs of two distinct servers in a failover
> pair.

No.  It's telling you that you can specify multiple servers' NIDs just
like you can with the client mount command.

> I've tried that--as well as a comma- or colon-separated list of NIDs--,
> but neither options appears to work: As soon as I try to mount the OST
> partition with the MGS active on the secondary node, the mount fails,
> and error messages indicate that only the primary MGS node is queried.
> All systems are running Lustre version 1.6.6, by the way.

Well, it should work as described.  Please try to find the bugzilla bug
referencing a problem with this and see if it applies.  If not, please
file a new bug.

Cheers,
b.