[Lustre-discuss] OST went down running Lustre 1.6.6

Wed Feb 11 07:37:15 PST 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 10:23 -0500, Brian Stone wrote:
> My customer believes that this scenario is leading to corrupted files.

What scenario?  Recovery does not cause any corruption.  At worst,
transactions from (some) clients will not get replayed and will be lost.
That's not generally what we consider "corruption" though.

> If so, is there any way to avoid the file corruption when an OSS goes down?

Can you be more specific about what "corruption" you are seeing?

Corruption by our definition is that on-disk, or on-the-wire data is
being altered by something other than a legitimate write from a client.
Corruption is not, for example, data simply not making it from the
client to disk.

b.