[Lustre-discuss] logs integration in hypervisor setup

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Wed Feb 11 09:56:22 PST 2009

On Feb 11, 2009  16:02 +0530, Ravi Kumar Madhuranthakam wrote:
> I am using Lustre FS in one of the guests running on XEN Hyper visor.
> My requirement is to streamline (or integrate) the lustre logs with
> other guest system logs.  Can somebody suggest the best way to do it.

In lnet/libcfs/{tracefile,debug}.c is the interface for printing log
messages.  For Linux this ends up storing the message in the Lustre
kernel debug log, and via printk() to the console if the severity is
high.  It would be relatively easy to change this code to use something
other than prink() inside XEN.

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.