[Lustre-discuss] Lustre with 10GbE or Infiniband?

Isaac Huang He.Huang at Sun.COM
Wed Feb 11 21:29:56 PST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 04:35:47PM -0500, Scott Atchley wrote:
> SOCKLND is limited by a copy on the receive side. When a client
> writes, the server has to copy the data out. When a client reads, it

One exception is SOCKLND on Chelsio's T3, quote:

"The T3 ASIC uses the mechanism of Direct Data Placement (DDP)  that
provides a flexible zero copy on receive capability for regular TCP
connections, requiring no changes to the sender, the wire protocol, or
the socket API on sending or the receiving side."

I remembered that a small SOCKLND fix was landed recently to make use
of this zero copy receive capability.

Isaac