[Lustre-discuss] Lustre & SQLite

Oleg Drokin Oleg.Drokin at Sun.COM
Wed Feb 11 23:24:51 PST 2009

Hello!

On Feb 12, 2009, at 2:10 AM, Michal Wesolowski wrote:
> My interpretation of Lustre documentation was that flock/localflock
> implements only mandatory locks.

There is no such thing as posix mandatory locking, I think.
The existing mandatory locking depends on a combination of advisory
locking and kernel support in
interpretation of a special file mode set.

> So I assume statement in Lustre Manula (ver. 15, page 16-1):
> Note – Advisory fcntl/flock/lockf locks will be available in Lustre
> 1.8.
> is a documentation bug, isn't it?

Yes, this is somewhat outdated.
1.6.6 and above have posix advisory locking working (though
performance is not ideal,
especially if you have many clients doing a lot of locks on the same
file at the same
time).

Bye,
     Oleg