[Lustre-discuss] upgrading to lustre 1.6.6

Shigeru Sugimoto lustre.shigeru at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 08:24:23 PST 2009

Hi everyone,

I am trying to upgrade to Lustre 1.6.6 and having a problem. Our system
is using one OSS and one MGS, the number of OST is 24.

So far, it seems I have succeeded to mkfs.lustre to the 24 OST(from
/dev/sda, sdb.......sdx) and succeeded to mount.lustre those to /mnt/ost0
ost1.....ost23.
However, MGS doesn't seem to be working properly.
After mount.lustre /dev/VolGroup00/mdt /mnt/mdt/, checking
/proc/fs/lustre/mds/user-MDT0000/recovery_status
returns "status: INACTIVE".

In face, the first time I have mounted to the 24 OST, it also returned
"status: INACTIVE".
But after activated all 24 OSTs using "lctl activate num" command, all
of those recovery_status became "COMPLETE".

However, even if I did the same thing for MGS, the recovery_status never
become "COMPLETE".

Would someone kindly please help me to figure this problem out? or any
advise to solve this out would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time,

Shigeru