[Lustre-discuss] Quick writeback cache question

Daire Byrne Daire.Byrne at framestore.com
Fri Feb 27 04:19:41 PST 2009

Hi,

Is the client writeback cache only active for each file written or can it cache multiple files simultaneously? I'm assuming it is the former. So if I write a big single file the cache will help but if I write lots of small files it will be of little use? I'm testing Lustre over a high latency VPN and finding that reading from a home dir on Lustre is very good (thanks to the negative dentry cache and client cache) but writing lots of small files is still very slow for each file.

Cheers,

Daire