[Lustre-discuss] MDS Recovery: which client

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Fri Feb 27 09:54:55 PST 2009

On Feb 27, 2009  14:16 +0100, Thomas Roth wrote:
> just to repeat my question without further surrounding facts and doubts;
>
>  How can I find out which client is currently being recovered? (If the
> MDS is in recovery at that moment)
>  How to find out which client is not recoverable (if recovery gets stuck)?
>
> The MDS seems to know, because during it is waiting for such a client -
> I'd like to know, too.

Good question, and I don't think there is a good answer.  There is a patch
developed recently to put the recovery state of each client into /proc,
but I'm not sure where it landed yet.  I _think_ this would allow you to
do "grep RECOVERING /proc/fs/lustre/mds/*/exports/*/import_state" or
similar.

Robert, do you recall the bug and/or state of the per-client export stats?

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.