[Lustre-discuss] Lustre & Amazon EC2 w/EBS

Nick Jennings nick at creativemotiondesign.com
Sat Feb 28 06:30:35 PST 2009

Hi All,

  I've been reading a lot about EC2 and EBS from Amazon (it sounds
awesome!). I am considering this as a solution to our companies severe
growing pains and minimal operations budget. I've got an account (though
have not done anything but use s3 for backups so far) and was thinking
of running some tests with Lustre on a few EC2 nodes, with a few EBS
pools, all clustered together to one shareable filesystem.

  I wanted to put some feelers out there, I'm wondering if anyone has
had any experience with this? I didn't see any lustre-related AMIs in
the "Community AMIs" tab, but that doesn't say much.

  Any comments, links, experiences welcome!
Thanks,
-Nick