[Lustre-discuss] About MDS failover

Jeffrey Alan Bennett jab at sdsc.edu
Thu Jan 15 17:51:54 PST 2009

Thanks Andreas,

I understand that this is a common issue with failover, as mentioned in the Lustre documentation.

> You can use HBA multi-pathing to avoid this problem, if your
> hardware supports it.  You can also use
> /proc/fs/lustre/health_check to check if the filesystems have
> encountered errors and are marked "unhealthy".

We use multipath in all our configurations. However, will Lustre be able to detect if the connectivity to the storage has been totally lost ( ie. no available path ) and display accordingly on /proc/fs/lustre/health_check?

Thanks,

Jeff