[Lustre-discuss] Log creation/deletion of files?

Thu Jan 15 18:05:57 PST 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 18:41 -0700, Lundgren, Andrew wrote:
> Is there a way to enable logging of UID and host for creation/deletion
> of files/directories within the cluster?

The feature you are looking for is called "audit logs".  It used to
exist on code branch for the Hendrix project but I don't see it on our
current roadmap.  Likely, given the age of the Hendrix code, it would
take some non-insignificant work to port forward to current Lustre.

That said, we do have a "server changelogs" feature coming in 2.0 and
while that will likely log the filesystem changes, I'm not sure if/that
it will log the uid responsible for the change.

b.