[Lustre-discuss] Lustre locking

Mag Gam magawake at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 16:22:52 PST 2009

Thanks Andreas.

We also run Sun Grid Engine for our engineering department. Out setup
is basically like this:

Master -- QMASTER (1 server)
Slaves -- EXECD (300 servers)

They are share a filesystem which is running of Lustre. Grid Engine
has a Berkeley Database as its backend. I am wondering if I need to
change all of my slaves and master to distributed locking or local
locking.

Any thoughts?

TIA