[Lustre-discuss] Removing an OST

Thomas Roth t.roth at gsi.de
Mon Jan 19 07:45:11 PST 2009

Andreas, thank you very much for this log sought-after explanation!

As far as I have read manuals and the mailing list, no one ever put these two commands side by side.
 One would only find the advice to "make the OST read-only" - and the how-to side I also only found
the "lctl --conf_param..." version.

I think anyhow the meaning and syntax of the various set_param commands is never really explained in
the manual?

Regards,
Thomas