[Lustre-discuss] mds reports that OST is full (ENOSPC error -28 ) but df tells different

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Fri Jan 23 11:43:53 PST 2009

On Jan 22, 2009  17:27 +0000, Wojciech Turek wrote:
> Thank you for puting me in right track. I found these in the syslog
> Jan 22 10:18:40 storage08.beowulf.cluster kernel: LDISKFS-fs error (device dm-8): mb_free_blocks: double-free of inode 16203779's block 688627718(bit 8198 in group 21015)
> Jan 22 10:18:40 storage08.beowulf.cluster kernel: Remounting filesystem read-only

> Is this means that the file system may be corrupted? I am going to run
> fsck -f on this device and try to mount it back, is that a right
> procedure?

It might only be an error in memory and not on disk, based on previous cases
of this message.  It might relate to the ENOSPC problem causing some obscure
error path to try and clean up after failing to allocate data.

There were previous reports of this message, so this is another thing to
check in Bugzilla if the version of Lustre you are running has the fixes
for this problem or not.

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.