[Lustre-discuss] Plateau around 200MiB/s bond0

Mon Jan 26 06:59:51 PST 2009

In general, when writing messages to this list, you need to be more
concise about what you are asking.  I see so much information here, I'm
not sure what is relevant to your few interspersed questions and what is
not.  I will try to answer your specific question...

Also, in the future, please use a simple plain-text format and just copy
and paste for plain-text content.  All of the "quoted-printable"
mime-types are confusing my MUA.

On Sat, 2009-01-24 at 18:04 -0800, Arden Wiebe wrote:

> I fail so far creating external journal for MDT, MGS and OSSx2.  How
> to add the external journal to /etc/fstab specifically the output of
> e2label /dev/sdb followed by what options for fstab?

You need to look at the mkfs.ext3 manpage on how to create an external
journal (i.e. -O journal_dev external-journal) and attach an external
journal to an ext3 filesystem (i.e. -J device=external-journal) then
apply those mkfs.ext3 options to your Lustre device with mkfs.lustre's
--mkfsoptions option.

All of this is covered in the operations manual in section 10.3
"Creating an External Journal".

b.