[Lustre-discuss] Announce: Lustre 2.0 Alpha4 is available!

Terry Rutledge Terry.Rutledge at Sun.COM
Wed Jul 1 16:59:22 PDT 2009

Hi all,

We are pleased to announce that Lustre 2.0 Alpha4 is available for download.
This is our fourth step in a series of milestone based pre-releases as we
move towards Lustre 2.0 GA. New milestone releases will be planned for
every 4-6 weeks until GA.

Alpha Milestone Criteria:
    * Tested for RHEL5/SLES10 x86_64
    * Basic functional and recovery testing is passing consistently
    * IOR and Simul exercised up to 75 clients
    * 1.8 -> 2.0 upgrades tested
    * Quotas tested

Please download 2.0 Alpha RPMs from the following URL:

http://downloads.lustre.org/public/lustre/v2.0/latest/
    or
http://downloads.lustre.org/public/lustre/v2.0/alpha/Lustre_2.0_Alpha4/

NOTE: We have moved the location of all pre-release builds and have
created the latest link to point to whatever pre-release build is
most valid.

For details on testing results and bugs fixed for  the Alpha-2 Milestone
please see: http://wiki.lustre.org/index.php/Testing_Path_to_Lustre_2.0_GA

Lustre 2.0 Alpha4 is only intended for use with a new filesystem for
testing purposes only.

Happy downloading!

-- The Lustre Team --