[Lustre-discuss] Luster on Novell SuSE 11 or OpenSuSE 11

Tharindu Rukshan Bamunuarachchi tharindub at millenniumit.com
Tue Jul 14 22:00:11 PDT 2009

hi All,

We have started using SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 couple of months back.

Actually SuSE 11 is released on April 2009. We had to use latest version of
SuSE, because it supports High Resolution Timers out-of-the-box.

SuSE 11 comes with 2.6.27* kernel. I tried to download latest version of
Luster from "www.sun.com" and unable to compile or use it with SuSE 11.

I saw several kernel patch files inside luster source package. but all of
them are related to previous kernel version.

Have you guys tried Luster with SuSE 11 or kernel 2.6.27* later version.

Is there any possibility of running Luster on SuSE 11.

cheers

__

tharindu

"The information contained in this email including in any attachment is confidential and is meant to be read only by the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are prohibited from printing, forwarding, saving or copying this email. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail and its attachments from your computer."