[Lustre-discuss] recreate metada - possible?

Tom Woezel twoezel at it.dcs.ch
Wed Jul 15 01:53:05 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I have a bit of a problem here. I am currently running Lustre 1.6.7 on
5 servers. 2 servers for MGS/MDT and 3 for OSDs. Behind the 2 MGS/MDT
servers (failover setup) is a raidarray so that both machines can use
the device. Now the partition table on the raiddevice got deleted and
cannot be recovered. The OSTs are ok and the data on those should be
fine.

Now here is my question is, it possible to create a new MGS and new
MDTs and somehow connect the old OSTs to them? Is there a way to
recreate the metadata with the data whis is held on the OSTs?

I'm deeply grateful for any help or hint on this issue.

Thanks in advance

Tom Woezel