[Lustre-discuss] recreate metada - possible?

Wed Jul 15 05:35:48 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-15 at 13:28 +0200, Tom Woezel wrote:
> Hi again,

Hi,

> Or maybe there is a way to get my hands on the data which is on the
> OSTs? Some way to mount it without MGS and MDT maybe?

Sure.  You can mount an OST with "mount -t ldiskfs ..." to see the
contents of it.  The objects are in /O/0 under the place you mounted it.
From there you can examine the contents of individual objects.

But note, that if any files were striped, their total contents will be
in multiple objects, with no linkage from one object to another.

b.