[Lustre-discuss] recreate metada - possible?

Wed Jul 15 07:23:08 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-15 at 09:53 -0400, Andreas Dilger wrote:

> That isn't totally correct - there is an xattr on each OST object that
> contains the MDT inode number and stripe index for that object.

Ahhh.  Yes, I do recall that too.  I think because I was as fixed on the
"object->filename" resolution that OP was looking for, I didn't think
the inode xattr would be terribly useful to him, but indeed, the stripe
index could be helpful in ordering objects in striped files.

Thanx for the reminder Andreas.

b.