[Lustre-discuss] detecting problematic files via mds/oss syslog messages

Ender Güler enderguler at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 03:20:36 PDT 2009

Hi there,

Are there any ways of detecting the problematic file names from the mds/oss
syslog messages? Or to be more definite, are there any ways to find a map of
file name to inode number or file name to object id or inode number to
object id? I'm trying to understand the insights of lustre and some times I
wonder which files are affected from a lustre error? For example, when I see
an object id in log messages, how can I understand which file is this? Is
there any look up table, or map for these purposes?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ender GULER
System Administrator