[Lustre-discuss] Block clients from mounting a Lustre filesystem

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Mon Jul 27 12:53:02 PDT 2009

On Jul 27, 2009  12:01 +0200, Arne Wiebalck wrote:
> with versions <= 1.8.0.1 is there a more elegant way of blocking
> clients from mounting a Lustre fs than configuring IP tables accordingly?

I don't think there is any other easy way to do this.  I believe LLNL
had a patch to essentially implement xinetd-like allow/deny inside the
LNET code, but I don't think it was merged.

> Is it correct that with versions >= 2.0 Kerberos will deliver this
> 'functionality' as I can enforce the client to authenticate (which
> it can't if I refused to give it keytab in the first place)?

Right, though Kerberos will not yet be a supported feature in 2.0.

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.