[Lustre-discuss] Lustre with failover configuration

Tharindu Rukshan Bamunuarachchi tharindub at millenniumit.com
Tue Jul 28 03:38:07 PDT 2009

hi all,

we used sun cluster for shared storage access. we are going to migrate to
lustre.

we have two nodes connected to single 2540 disk array.

we are going to keep OSS1/MDS in node A and OSS2/MDS in node B.

Please find attached diagram.

how should I configure lustre to support failover/failout. Ideally single
node failure should be transparent to Lustre client.

could you please provide commands to configure MDS/OSS with failover
support.

should I give same volume for both MDS/OSS ?

cheers,

__

tharindu

"The information contained in this email including in any attachment is confidential and is meant to be read only by the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are prohibited from printing, forwarding, saving or copying this email. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail and its attachments from your computer."