[Lustre-discuss] Configuring Lustre routring between two tcp networks

Erik Froese erik.froese at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 14:45:10 PDT 2009

I'm trying to configure a lustre router so I can mount a test lustre FS over
our standard network here (NYU federated ethernet).
We have a small rocks cluster with one MDS/MGS and 3 OSSs on a private
switch. Its a pretty standard rocks configuration.
The cluster network is 10.1.255.0/24.

== OSS / Router ==
One of the OSS (oss-0-2) is configured as follows:
eth0 - 10.1.255.247
eth1 - 128.122.x.y

In its /etc/modprobe.conf I have the following
options lnet forwarding="enabled"
options lnet accept=all
options lnet networks="tcp0(eth0),tcp1(eth1)"

[root at oss-0-2 ~]# lctl list_nids
10.1.255.247 at tcp
128.122.x.y at tcp1

== Routed Client ==
Then I have another client on the 128.122.x.* network. Let's call it
128.122.x.z
It just has eth0 configured as 128.122.x.z

and in its modprobe.conf
options lnet networks=tcp0(eth0) routes="tcp1 128.122.x.y at tcp0"

Now should I be able to mount the lustre fs as such?
mount.lustre 10.1.255.252 at tcp0:/scratch /scratch
mount.lustre: mount 10.1.255.252 at tcp:/scratch at /scratch failed: Cannot
send after transport endpoint shutdown

I don't see it sending any traffic to the router with tcpdump running on the
router.

What am I doing wrong? Should I be useing the 128.122 address of the router
to try to mount? Am I missing a configuration somewhere?

Thanks
Erik Froese
NYU