[Lustre-discuss] Corruption issue found in e2fsprogs 1.41.5

Johann Lombardi johann at Sun.COM
Fri Jun 12 05:11:31 PDT 2009

Hi,

A critical regression has been discovered in e2fsck. The problem was
introduced in upstream 1.41.5 and is causing updates to block group
descriptors to be lost after journal replay. Our 1.41.5.sun2 (.sun1 too)
e2fsprogs version also suffers from this problem.

We are working on rebasing our e2fsprogs package on 1.41.6 (see bug
19852).
Until the new rpm is available (should be very soon), we recommend to
downgrade e2fsprogs to 1.40.11.sun1.

Best Regards,
Johann - for the lustre team